About the Gallery
January 21, 2019
Main Exhibit: This largest portfolio includes nearly every image on the site. A few of the images in the Special Portfolios are excluded.
Artist's Favorites: All of the images on the site are favorites, but I’ve tried to collect a set of my strongest ones here.
Recent Additions: These are all of the images on this new website which did not appear on my 2004 site. Thus any post-2004 captures and many recently rendered older favorites are combined in this portfolio. Their capture dates range from 1975 through 2019.
Special Portfolios: This is a set of portfolios (currently three) which includes the collection from my 2004 site, preserved in its entirety, in the original sequence, with an upgraded presentation and more mature renditions.
Tips for using the Gallery:
1) On the Home page, click the circular arrows to advance through an overview consisting of a few dozen of the site's images.
2) In the Gallery, use the largest browser window you can, to get larger JPEGs.
3) Use the Left and Right Arrow keys on a Mac or in Windows to advance to the next page or return to a prior page in a given Gallery sequence.
4) On the Large JPEG pages, click the "+" icon to see a single Zoom section of the image, so that you can better perceive the level of detail present in the actual image.
5) Shortcuts for Back and Forward are Command-[ and Command-] on a Mac and Alt-Left Arrow and Alt-Right Arrow on Windows. One great way to enjoy this is to flip quickly back and forth between the Zoom detail and the main image view. Back and Forward is relative to where you have travelled, not relative to a sequence of pages. For that, i.e. for Previous and Next, use the left and right arrow keys.
6) Add any image to a Your Favorites collection by clicking the small box beneath it, turning it red, then you can view your collection by selecting Your Favorites from the Nav Bar.
7) From a Large JPEG page, you can use the shopping cart icon to reach the Purchase pane, where prints can be ordered right from the site (one at a time). In most cases, I am offering prints made to order in several sizes, selectable from the upper drop-down menu, and in several forms, selectable from the lower menu. Extensive additional information about prints and available presentations can be found by following the More Information link there.
8) The "Find Images" portion of the Gallery can quickly narrow down the complete set of all images published on the site in a nearly limitless number of ways. For each checkbox used, the entire collection will be narrowed. And for each term added to the "Search by Keyword" text entry box, the same thing will happen. For example, you can select the "California" checkbox to reveal only those images made in California and then enter "waterfall" to see only pictures with waterfalls made in California. Or you could enter both terms into the text entry box and at least theoretically get the same result.